Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving and treatment #5

Well chemo #4 wasn't so bad. I was just extremely tired so I slept alot. I was really looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving. So I think that kept my mind off of everything with chemo.  I had not made a trip home since May, so now you can understand how excited I was to get home to see family and friends. Our trip was wonderful! We were able to see all of Scott's family and eat dinner with them. Then headed over to see my mom's side of the family, where I got to see aunts, uncles, and cousins that I haven't seen in years.








On black Friday we were lucky enough to be able to go out to the
LSU vs. Arkansas game. We had a freaking blast.  As you can see our picture right here.  Really not sure why the guy behind us didn't want to be a part of our picture. Maybe he didn't want to be posted all over the internet. Oops!!! LOL.  Anyway we got to hang with lots of friends and family, and had lots of fun. Saturday and Sunday we spent with wonderful friends we don't get to see very often. Then on Sunday we picked out our Christmas tree and drove it home of the roof of our car.

My work week was great this week until treatment #5 on Friday. I am almost through with my chemo treatments and no one knows how excited that makes me.  I will be finished with chemo on December 16th. Perfect timing to have a wonderful Christmas with the family. I will still have a months worth of radiation starting in mid January, but Dr. Pallera seems to think that this won't be as hard on me as the Chemo.

I am recovering at home this weekend from Chemo #5, and this one is very similar to Chemo #4.  No nausea, just extremely tired. So I have been sleeping alot. I'm able to eat better food this time with out being scared that I going to hate it later. So all in all, pretty good weekend. Thanks to my mom for taking care of me and the girls this weekend.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for all of the love, support and PRAYERS!

Love,

Elizabeth Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment