Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Portacath day

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on how I was doing......

I now have my portacath put in for easy access for receiving my chemo, and all the other blood drawing things that I will be doing in the next several months to come. I have taken my meds and been icing the area since I got home from the hospital. I am still feeling fine, I'm just a alittle sore....ok so maybe alot sore, but I'll survive. Scott did homework with Anna. Then bathed and fed both kids. He has been a wonderful help to me lately. I'm sure when he has to wake up with Lyla in the middle of the night to fix and feed her a bottle, I'll hear him mumbling a few choice words under his breath.....lol. He is convinced that she wakes up way earlier every night he has to get up to feed her than she does for me.(funny huh?) What he doesn't know, is that he is normally snoring, with drool coming out of the side of his mouth when I have to wake up with her every other morning with her.....ok, ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating about the drooling;)

Tomorrow is the big day.  I will meet with my oncologist (Dr. Pallera) to go over my PET scan results, find out my staging, and receiving chemo for the first time. I'm packing up all the things that everyone has been telling me to bring. Books, I-pad with some movies and earphones, blanket and some sour candy so I can't taste the chemo. Hopefully I have it all covered. If anyone can think of anything else for me to bring, text me. They might laugh at me if I come in there with some rolling luggage though, so trying to pack lightly.

I love everyone so much!!

Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Love u so so much!!! Praying hard!!!! Here for u anytime! !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constantly thinking of you. I'll text you something tomorrow to make you giggle! What time is your appointment/treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you every day.Hoping every thing goes alright tomorrow.love and hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete